So a lot has happened since the last time I wrote. I cannot write everything in detail.
- A lady T-boned me on the path station in Hoboken, and my phone fell on the track and shattered. She didn’t even bother to look back and apologize. Just kept going. Apple practically gave me a new one for $30, as it was under Apple Care. It was an old phone, so I got an upgrade with new specs. I was very hurt by the indifference of that lady.
- I had an accident during speed training, and I landed on my head. Got severe bandages and some blood loss. Thankfully there were no signs of subdural hematoma (internal bleeding).
- I am now EMT certified in NYS & received my license for 3 years.
- I finally upgraded my 4-year-old Apple Watch and phone & it is worth every penny of investment. The old phone, which is new, sits in a drawer.
- I firmly believe in “You attract who and what you are.” 99% of the people I’ve had or currently have in my life have similar characteristics to mine. I’ve learned this very recently, so I’m still processing it.
- I managed to complete all the stuff that was complex at work this year. That includes setting up some serious defense measures for our applications against malicious attacks like XSS, Backdoors, SQLI, Code Injections, Log4J, etc. It feels really a great accomplishment.
- Knowing that I am my own harshest critic, for the first time in my life, I feel slightly proud of so much I have accomplished this year. Ups and Downs. 3 Surgeries. Recovering from covid. Solving complex problems at work, getting EMT certified, running many NYRR races, and making new friends. Probably most proud of the last part.
- I am nowhere near my pre-covid health or shape, but I am running a trail half marathon tomorrow. Time will tell if I survive. Allons-y!
- I want to rest for a while; I might take a few weeks or even months off from work during year-end or early next year. Unlimited PTO is a boon.